Jessica over at Apples and Papers tagged me to participate in this fun little game. Here’s the rules:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!
To start, here are 12 things about me!
· I could live in Old Navy flip flops that sell for $2.50 a pair. Darn Michigan winters that prohibit me from doing so!
· I consider myself to be an extremely organized person. However, as a teacher, I am a chronic piler! Hopefully this changes this year as my one little word is OrGaNiZe!
· When I was in kindergarten, my little brother slammed about a fourth of an inch of my finger in the car door. It was successfully sewn back on, but you can still see the indent. It may or may not be a little crooked and to this day, the nail does not grow very well.
· I love me some purses and pajama pants. If only one were as cheap as the other!
· I am 26, but consider myself to be much more technically challenged then I should be at this age.
· I consider my big sister to be my best friend!
· My niece, Emma Rae, is the cutest and sweetest 6 month old ever. I am so blessed to be her Godmother.
· I have been the same height, 5’9”, since the sixth grade when I grew five inches in five months. I don’t remember it, but I am pretty sure it was painful.
· For the first time in my life, I am exercising five days a week! I hope to continue even when I get a job in the fall.
· I have an English Springer Spaniel named Lilly Rae. She is about a year and a half old. Reese, her sister, lives with my parents. They are best buds when they aren’t fighting!
· One of my cousins nicknamed me Colgate as a youngster and I have no idea why.
· I am so excited that I thought of 12 things to share about my rather boring self!
Now onto the hopefully much easier task of answering the questions Jessica had for me and the other bloggers she tagger!
1.If you could meet anyone in the world, living or dead who would it be?
Oh that is a toughie. If I could meet a blogger, it would be Cara Carroll from The First Grade Parade. Hers was the first blog I ever discovered and is the first one I check every day. If I could meet an actress, actually two, they would be Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, and Melissa McCarthy from Gilmore Girls. BEST SHOW EVER! And if I could meet someone who is no longer with us, I think Abraham Lincoln would probably have very interesting things to say.
2. If you weren’t teaching what would you be doing?
I think I would want to be a personal organizer. Then I could get paid to buy and use all of the baskets and organizers I buy!
3. What was your favorite thing about school when you were a student?
Helping the teacher grade papers!
4. What do you wish you were better at?
I wish I was better at relaxing and letting go!
5. What is your favorite store to shop at?
I don’t know that I can pick just one favorite:>! I love the Gap, Ann Taylor’s The Loft, Vanity, and American Eagle if I am looking for clothes. I love some Target, Dollar Tree, and Wal-Mart for classroom supplies.
6. What is two things you need for your dream classroom?
I have to have a carpet with all the squares to use for management and because it is bright and cheery. And I would love an Elmo. I have never had one in a classroom I taught in and think it would be an amazing teaching and learning tool.
7. Where do you want to travel to?
If I get married someday, I would love to honeymoon in Greece. Looks beautiful!
8. Favorite TV show?
Most of my favorite TV shows are no longer on. I love Gilmore Girls, Friends, Home Improvement, Full House, and so many others. My favorite current shows are The Biggest Loser, NCIS, Flashpoint, Chopped, and Cupcake Wars.
9. What is your least favorite chores?
My least favorite chore is dishes. Not a fan!
10. Would you rather be an actor, singer, or athlete?
A singer for sure! Though it would be fun to be an actor and pretend to be someone else.
11. Who or what inspires you?
12. What’s your favorite children’s book?
I loved all The Little Golden Books as a child. My favorite read aloud for the classroom is probably Jungle Drums by Graeme Base. One of my professors read it to my class in college and ever since then it is one of my favorites!
And now for those I am tagging. You’re it!
· Mrs. Cupcake over at A Cupcake for the Teacher. She has been oh so helpful to me as a new blogger and she has many great ideas!
· Mrs. Terhune over at Mrs. Terhune’s First Grade Site. I just discovered her tonight via Pinterest and let me tell you I am in organized heaven when I look at her classroom photos.
· Abby over at The Inspired Apple (I know y’all already know and love her), just introduced me to the blog Darlin’ In First. She has got some cute ideas going on. I especially love her skill drills idea!
· Lori at Conversations In Literacy has left a few comments on my blog. I just love comments. And I love how she used a Venn Diagram to sort letters. Easy peasy and simple!
· Lastly, I am hearting Heather at Heather’s Heart. She has posted some awesome ideas on her blog this week, as well as many before that. She is a freebie kind of gal! Love:>. And she offered to answer blog questions for me. How nice is that?!?!
And now for the twelve things I want to know about these lovely ladies.
· Favorite place to buy school supplies:
· Funniest kid moment:
· Favorite TV show:
· Favorite children’s book:
· Favorite sweet treat:
· Best gift you have ever given/received:
· Favorite thing to buy for yourself:
· Favorite classroom attention getter:
· School supply you could not live without:
· Favorite holiday:
· Favorite quote, teachery or otherwise:
· Favorite novel:
If you made it through this post, kiss your brain! I can’t wait to learn more about the lovely ladies I just tagged! Happy Sunday everybody!